Call Us At: 718-822-6062
Servicing the tri state area, Yonkers, Mt Vernon and. Westchester counties.
Schedule an appointment for a free estimate.
1) Floor instillation- The instillation of brand new floors. The client will have a large selection to choose from and assistance will be provided if needed in the decision making process.
2) Floor repairs- Repairs will be made where needed. At times if the damaged floor is too large of an area, then new pieces of flooring will be inserted instead. Our flooring men will discuss this in person before the service is provided.
3) Sanding- The floor will be sanded with several grades of sanding paper. The first sanding is with a rough grade paper in order to remove the existing finish and remove a thick layer in order to penetrate the bare wood to be refinished. The next sanding stage will create a smooth surface for the application of the finish. Edges will be scraped with a special machine and hard to reach places will be scraped by hand.
4) Buffing- The floors must be buffed with a buffing machine in order to prepare the floor and remove unseen scratches. Buffing is also essential between coats.
5) Polyurethane- The finishing coat. The two most popular types of polyurethane are oil-based and water-based. Depending on the shine desired one can choose between high-gloss, semi-gloss and satin.
6) Stain- Is a great possibility if one would like to add some color to the floor. The stain must be evenly applied and then removed in order to penetrate the wood. Staining requires expertise and will take longer, and therefore will cost more than a regular natural finishing process.
At Frank's Floors, we take care to provide our customers high quality services personalized for their unique needs. Our staff members are professional, courteous and efficient.
We provide a variety of services including: Floor instillation, floor repairs, buffing, sanding and application of polyurethane/stain.
Installation of wood floors.
Floor repairs/replacement flooring